Thursday, January 21, 2010

Knitting arm-warmers

We went to our library for a homeschoolers group today. Some of my friends, who had also brought their children, had their knitting with them. I had considered bringing my own knitting along, but I knew my toddler wouldn't give me much chance to sit and work on it. Also, I'm working with four needles right now, which isn't all that easy to transport (at least not when I'm also bringing home several backpacks full of books).

So, I thought I would post a photo of what I'm working on here. It is the first of two arm-warmers for Emma.


I 'm using a self-striping sock yarn (Patons Kroy; 75% wool, 25% nylon) and 2.75 mm needles. I cast on 44 stitches over three needles and k1p1 for 1 1/2 inches. Then I work in stocking stitch (straight knitting) until I reach the length I need, making sure to leave enough yarn for the end ribbing, which will again be 1 1/2 inches of k1p1. Cast off (weave in ends, etc.). Then I'll make another one. Easy! It would probably go faster if I'd used slightly larger needles with fewer stitches, but these are what I had on hand. I'll post another photograph when they're finished. Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment