Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter Fun

We've been away visiting my parents in the country. It was nice to get out of the city for a while, and the kids got to go sledding and play in the snow. The temperature warmed up from way, way below freezing to an unseasonable warmth (a few degrees above freezing). We all had a wonderful time. Here are some photos I took one particularly beautiful day.
Here I tried to capture some of the natural beauty of the day. My father keeps a large garden and this is one of his grapevines. I like the tendrils coming off in this picture.
A near miss for Emma? (The kids were being very careful, really).


My mother had home-made hot cocao ready to warm us up when we'd tired ourselves out from all the climbing up the hill. Thanks, Mum!

2 comments:

  1. You do have a lot of snow! Send it on down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked out our apartment this morning--hardly any snow (by comparison)! After being at my parent's house I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete